Data access and reports
This page is to assist users with the reporting and data access functions of the DMO’s website. If you are trying to extract a large amount of data and the page 'times out' try extracting the data in smaller chunks - for example apply smaller date ranges.
Some reports offer the option of selecting data for individual gilts. To choose individual gilts you will need to:
- Highlight “All”.
- Click on the “up arrow” button.
- Select the gilt(s) to appear in the report. To select more than one gilt hold down “Ctrl” key at the same time as selecting the gilts.
- Click on the “down arrow” button.
Report viewer toolbar
Reports viewed in html can be navigated using the report viewer toolbar as described below.
- Export to pdf format to print.
- First page.
- Previous page.
- Current page number.
- Next page.
- Last page.
- Go to page number.
- Zoom size.
- Change zoom size.
- Apply new zoom size.
Automatic data downloads
A number of reports are available in xml format to allow for automatic downloads. Please see below for instructions on how to automatically download Gilt issuance data into Microsoft Excel.
- Open a new Excel workbook (for Windows 2010 put the cursor in cell A1)
- From the menu bar along the top select “Data”
- Select “Import External Data” (for Windows 2010, on the toolbar, find Get external data then select "From Web" New Web Query Box will appear)
- Select “New Web Query”
- Delete the text that appears next to Address
- Insert the following into the Address http://www.dmo.gov.uk/xmlData.aspx?rptCode=D1A
- Select “Go”
- Select the yellow arrow that appears in the top left hand corner above the blue text that starts xml...
- This should highlight the entire text window
- Select the “Import” button
- This will take a few seconds as all data are imported. (in Windows 2010 a message will appear Select OK
- Excel will ask you where you would like to put the data (when this occurs will depend upon your version). Select OK
- Save the excel spreadsheet
- Each time you open the spreadsheet and want to refresh the data Select “Data” then “Refresh Data”
If you are using Excel 2003-2007 you can replace step 4 with “New XML Query” and follow the prompts.
Other data are available to import. To do so, replace the link in step 6 above with the following:
Ad-hoc advanced reports
There are four advanced reports available on the DMO website allowing users to perform detailed queries on data. These are:
- Gilts in issue for any close of business date from 01-Apr-98.
- Gilt issuance history for all gilts except “rumps” that redeem on or after 01-Jan-03.
- Outright auction results for all auctions after 01-Apr-91.
- Results of all Treasury bill tenders held since January 2000.
To perform a detailed query select which fields you wish to show in your report under “Show in Results”. Choose fields to query by selecting under “Apply Selection Criteria” and follow the prompts.