2009 Asset-backed Securities Guarantee Scheme
The 2009 Asset-backed Securities Guarantee Scheme formed part of the Government's measures to ensure the stability of the financial system and to support lending in the UK economy and extends the 2008 Credit Guarantee Scheme. In summary these measures were intended to:
- improve banks' and building societies' access to wholesale funding markets;
- help support banks' and building societies' lending in the economy;
- promote robust and sustainable markets over the long term; and
- protect the taxpayer.
The Scheme opened on 22nd April 2009 and closed on 31 December 2009.
Details on the Scheme and related information appear below:
- Asset-backed Securities Guarantee Scheme Market Notice (22 April 2009) 40KB
- The Government's Deed of Guarantee (22 April 2009) 1,7MB
- The Rules of the Scheme and proforma application forms (22 April 2009) 209KB
- Market Notice: The UK Government’s 2009 Asset-backed Securities Guarantee Scheme (28 October 2009) 12KB